We're starting a new series where we pull together links from around the web that we're currently coveting. Everythign from art, design, tech, hospitality, and the in betweens. Let us know your favorites in the comments and share any finds you're currently obsessing over.
For those who like to analyze the effect of Instagram ...
- The rise of the Selfie Factory, Instagram Museums ...finally we can debate, are these fun houses or art?
- Surface CEO Mark Lotenberg tells the design industry to think beyond the confines of Instagram, saying "keep creating atmospheres that can stand the test of time, not just be a moment for iPhone viewing pleasure."
- Are we Post-Lifestyle? Listen to writer Daisy Alioto share her thorough and intriguing thoughts on what happens when we all search for the same thing.
Notable Artist Wins
- 5 Pointz for Artists win against big corporations - what will this ruling mean for future graffiti cases?
- Can doodling turn into a full time gig? Meet Jon Burgerman
- Good ol' Leo DiCaprio is saving the arts and the environment one light bulb at a time
Just for fun (and funny)
- Watch your images turn into histograms and analyze all the little pixels
- Apple employees are walking into glass walls <3
- Hotel Henry on Cool Hunting means ... time to book trips to Buffalo
- Did you know that all the foilage in Kehinde Wiley's Obama portrait has relevance? Never forget to look beyond the surface