Bethesda, MD based Kavitha Iyer is the Senior Design Manager at Marriott International. She excels in creating memorable guest experiences through great design and is a firm believer in good design cultivating good business. Here she answers a few of our questions on her personal style, her favorite design trends, and what inspires her.
Rapid Fire Questions
- Beer, wine, or margarita? – Wine
- Instagram or Snapchat? – Instagram
- Podcast or Music? – Podcast
- What inspires you? – Traveling
- When does art enter the design phase for you? – It’s the start, finish, and end
- What design trends interest you right now? – Transformative elements
- What design trends do you see making a comeback? – Color
- Describe your personal style in a few words. – Everyday chic with a touch of, what?
- What book do you recommend the most to people? – Shel Silverstein’s book of poems, Where the Sidewalk Ends.
- Outside of your work, are there any other creative pursuits that interest you? – Painting.